Monday, January 21, 2008

Algebra I – January through May

I am really starting to have doubts about my ability to teach all of Algebra I in four months. Sounds crazy, but that's what I'm supposed to do. Still not sure how. In two weeks, I set out to teach how to solve single-variable linear equations. Mastery is not happening, at all. I need to move forward and start talking about slope and lines and graphing – my master plan that I made has me spending just four more weeks on everything linear – graphing, slope, literal equations, writing equations of lines, all of that, before I have to move on to systems, polynomials, quadratics… it's insane. Not sure how it will happen. At least, if I suck it up big time, they might have me teach something else instead next year – if there is a next year.

No comments: