Friday, February 08, 2008

Keep on keeping on...

So, today I collected my first project. In over a year and a half, we hadn't done a project, so I thought what the heck, why not do a project. I'll let you know how they turned out once I grade 'em.

But does anyone have a good strategy for having students review tests that they've taken (and failed, often miserably). Especially when there were always students who were out and need to make up the test later. I feel like they could learn a ton from going back through the test and fixing their mistakes, or at least going through and trying to understand them, but I don't know how to work that process into class at all. If anyone has anything that has been successful for them in this regard, let me know. Right now, I don't even usually hand back tests - I just tell the kids what they got, which seems like such a waste of a learning opportunity.

No comments: