Tuesday, February 12, 2008

This blog entry is a complaint. Don't feel obliged to read it.

May 24, I hope to have the truck packed and be on the road. I'll miss some of the kids, but I can't do this.

Anna told me that during class, Ben said (again) that classroom management was the biggest problem and the main cause of teachers leaving. I'll agree, but add that it isn't just classroom management, it's personal management too. I can never seem to get ahead, I'm always falling behind on everything (grading is a big one here). I have trouble getting students make up work because I don't even know what we did that day or where we put the extra copies, if there were any. I have no system for keeping things straight.

3 comments:

ddadams said...

that moment is going to be incredible ... rarely would we get the chance to feel so ecstatic, like being set free, and truly terrible, for what you're leaving behind, at the same time. its going to be beautiful. make sure to bring a pen in the car and a good mix cd. mississippi and its children will miss you. you will have become a part of them, as they will always be a part of you.

still sure you dont want to come to moss point? at least visit ... the soccer squad is waiting.

Anonymous said...

Not sure if Anna clarified this, but I was referring to teachers quitting in the middle of the year, not leaving at the end of the school year.

TeacherMan said...

No, she did clarify that. Didn't mean to quote you out of context out here on the web where everyone can see.