Wednesday, August 16, 2006

it's 6:37...

and i've been home for almost an hour and a half. in that time, i've read one article from the new york times online. something about the new kinds of batteries they are trying to make. to be honest, i'm just braindead. i had so many things i wanted to get done. get home from school. grade three sets of benchmarks. grade homework, just for completion. make tomorrow's benchmarls. call the tfa, whose third block i told him i'd cover (during my planning period) since he is going to be getting kids ready for the algebra I retest for the next two days. call parents. print progress reports. print out the benchmarks for kids to retake. make a list of all the benchmarks that people have missed when they were absent/not in school. figure out a better way to deal with attendence. make charts, with a goal of 90% on the benchmarks, and little movable things to show where each class is on their way to that goal. before today's benchmark, my algebra I classes had a 52 and 63, respectively. oh damn. i somehow screwed up my grading program. and the benchmarks that i gave back today never got entered. so, i could just forget about them, but that would be extraordinarily difficult, because of printing progress reports and such. or i could give a fake notebook check, in which i tell them i'm giving a notebook check for a grade, and then just actually write down the grade they got on that benchmark. motherbugger. half of them will have lost it already. crap crap crap. whatever. i'm going to try to get the other ones in now. classmate, i feel, is probably not the best grading software around, but it's what they gave me at school. if anyone has anything better (and free) let me know.

1 comment:

beach said...

I feel ya. I am two weeks into this job and my paperwork's a mess. I don't even have grading software. I have a notebook full of checkmarks and random grades that I'm sure I'll lose on the marshrutka some day. Do I give make-up quizzes or not? Where? When? How much homework is too much? How can they do their homework in their tetrad' when I still have it from the last time they turned it in? Not to mention I've got 6 or 7 Olgas, innumerable Sashas and Mashas, and it seems like half of my students are too bright or motivated for their level (yet they still say "He like") while the other half refuse to speak English at all. Keep up the good work, moi drug.