Sunday, January 21, 2007

Diet: Part Deux

Instead of the outrageously impractical diet that Dan and I proposed, I am just going to slowly exclude unhealthy things as I feel capable.

I'll start with Snickers. These have become a staple for me down here. Odd, considering I never really liked them at home. They just feel like they pack the most punch in terms of calories, and I when I hit hour 9 of that 16-18 hour work day (not including the work I do at home), I need something to keep going. But they are bad, very bad, and so from now on, no more snickers, or other candy bars.

I'm also cutting out school lunch. Aside from certainly being unhealthy, it's gross, and expensive ($2.50 a pop for teachers). Goodbye, John Wayne Caserole, goodbye jello-embedded pinapples, and goodbye, footlong hotdogs. Hello PB&J and more fruit.

The real thing I need to do, so that I'll be able to keep up with my boys on the field and beat up my roommates is get myself in shape. Teaching really is a profession that doesn't tend to encourage an active lifestyle. The lifestyle it encourages, I believe, is fairly accurately represented below:



So, in summary, more of this:














and this:



















and a little less of this:

No comments: