Friday, January 05, 2007

Just texin to mess wit you

This is the text message I recieved upon touchdown at the Memphis Airport after a fantastic week and a half at home. It made me (almost) glad to be back.

Wat up mr. G this [km] i was just texti to mess wit you since i aint heard from you in a min...[0000000] this my number if you want to call in holla

It was immediately followed by this one:

I'm bout to leave in a couple days i'm goin to the national guard

KM, if you recall, dropped out about a month ago. So to get this message from him really made my day. I ran into him today, as I was coming back from practice, and hopefully, we'll be able to have lunch or something before he heads out. He says he's getting 60 grand a year, which includes a check for his little girl. As we said goodbye today, he said, "see, i'm trying to do something with my life, trying to stay out of trouble" I wish him all the best of luck.

No comments: