Tuesday, August 07, 2007

ode to a principal

"we aren't doing anything but running a better-run jail. can we be satisfied with that? no, we need to be running a school. I can't wait to be up there at that graduation, kid walking across the stage, they saying "...with a scholarship from harvard..." And that's for the mind, not because he can knock someone out."
I love my principal.

Granted, we are doing a better job running our jail, so far, than we did last year. It's only been two days though. But the way that man talks, he makes you feel some passion for the job. He has that passion.

I know I'm asking a lot. But I'm at that point in my life, where I'm thinking, when I come to judgement and the lord show me a child, I want to say I did everything I could for that child, and if he didn't come right, wasn't nothing could have been done for that child.

He must have been a heck of a coach. He is just the kind of guy that gets things done. I won't write any more, because I need to be the kind of guy who gets things done too, right now.

No comments: